13 May 2012

Mama: for love is spoken here

2 little babies and "Mama" off to church, i left my roses home lol
Mother's day is always a very sweet, special and spiritual day. I think of my Mom and how grateful my siblings are to have been raised by a loving individual who has always put us first. From putting off college to stay home with us, to putting off sleep to hunt us down in the middle of the night during high school days, we never doubted our Mother's love and affection. And now that I am a Mommy too, or like Mahie says, "Mama", I hope to follow in her footsteps.

How wonderful it feels, that no matter how much my parents, or siblings or friends spoil Mahie, as soon as I come into the room from work or open my arms to her, those almond shaped eyes light up and she runs to me screaming for joy. All my stress from the day disappears as soon as my baby girl hugs me back. I'm still TRYING at being a good mother, not anywhere close to my own Mother's perfectness, but being a mother period.......so when my baby walks over and kisses me randomly and pats my knee softly, I know I'm doing something right.

I think nothing can describe a mother better, than Primary songs. If you aren't a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, or didn't grow up as a child in Primary, I encourage you to google the LDS Primary Hymn book, and just listen to these songs directed to teaching children about the gospel. After I went through the temple and was sealed to James, I realized that these songs and their purpose to educate our little ones, are soo true. Everything I sang about since a little girl and when I was baptized made sense. Little children really are the kingdom of heaven.

*When I think of my Mom raising us kids:
Lyrics to, "Love is Spoken Here" by Janice Kapp Perry
           (click here to listen: loveisspokenhereMP3 )

1. (Girls) I see my mother kneeling with our family each day.
I hear the words she whispers as she bows her head to pray.
Her plea to the Father quiets all my fears,
And I am thankful love is spoken here.
2. (Boys) Mine is a home where ev’ry hour is blessed by the strength of priesthood pow’r,
With father and mother leading the way,
Teaching me how to trust and obey;
And the things they teach are crystal clear,
For love is spoken here.
[3rd ending] I can often feel the Savior near
When love is spoken here.
Mosiah 4:15 "But ye will teach them to walk in the ways of truth and soberness; ye will teach them to love one another, and to serve one another."

*What I hope my children think of me:
Lyrics to "Mother Dear" by Maud B Kimball
           (Click here to listen: motherdearMP3 )
1. Mother dear, I love you so.
Your happy, smiling face
Is such a joy to look at;
It makes home a lovely place.
2. Mother dear, I love you so.
Your lovely, shining eyes
Are just like stars that twinkle
Way up in the bright blue skies.
3. Mother dear, I love you so.
I’ll try the whole day through
To please our Heav’nly Father.
I’m so glad he gave me you.

*When I sing Mahie to sleep:
Lyrics to, "I Often Go Walking" by Phyllis Luch
        (Click here to listen: ioftengowalking )
1. I often go walking in meadows of clover,
And I gather armfuls of blossoms of blue.
I gather the blossoms the whole meadow over;
Dear mother, all flowers remind me of you.
2. O mother, I give you my love with each flower
To give forth sweet fragrance a whole lifetime through;
For if I love blossoms and meadows and walking,
I learn how to love them, dear mother, from you.

Happy Mother's Day to my Mom, my Mother-in-law, to my Sister & all my Sister-in-laws & Friends (because we are all mother's), and to.....MYSELF!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment