19 June 2011

"Im so glad when Daddy comes home!"

It started Tuesday afternoon as I was playing with Mahie on our bed, when I heard the children outside on the playground BELCHING, "IM SO GLAD WHEN DADDY COMES HOME, GLAD AS I CAN BE.....", thank goodness for those little big mouths that day because it reminded me Sunday (today) was FATHER's DAY. I love that primary song, it's so cute and makes me miss Primary so much. The tune was stuck in my head the entire week.

Poor James woke up earlier than me & fed baby on his special day. But I catered back to him by making Mr. Daddy breakfast in bed, which has been a tradition in my family to waken our parents with breakfast in bed on Mother's & Father's Day.
Capturing his FIRST Father's Day...with MANY MORE to come!

Of course the Mommy gotta get in on some camera action, along with some unfolded laundry :)
Mahie wearing her new dress & tiare headband from her Aunty Shannon. All dolled up for church.
Bishop Buckingham: "Some of the most important spirits you'll ever meet, are the ones born into your home...take care of them".
We were blessed to hear talks from ward members about fathers & for the wonderful spirit they bring within our homes. I'm so grateful that I not only was married to James, but SEALED for time and all eternity to my best friend. And also that the temple ensures that Mahie (& her future siblings) will always be with James & I no matter what happens. I grew up in a home filled and protected by the power of the priesthood, with a Father who was there for my Family every step of the way...and I am blessed to continue to have that home for my children thanks to James. I can't imagine a home without the blessings of Christ, the Temple and especially the Priesthood. It's a joy and comfort so great, that you wish EVERY one could have...and a blessing so precious that you'll WANT to work on and keep present in your home. 

"Fathers, by divine decree, you are to preside over your family units. This is a sobering responsibility and the most important one you will ever assume, for it is an eternal responsibility. You place the family in its proper priority. It's the part of your life that will endure beyond the grave" -Elder L. Tom Perry

"We encourage you, brethren, to remember that priesthood is a righteous authority only. Earn the respect and confidence of your children through your loving relationship with them. A righteous father protects his children with his time and presence in their social, educational, and spiritual activities and responsibilities. Tender expressions of love and affection toward children are as much the responsibility of the father as the mother. Tell your children you love them" -Pres. Howard W. Hunter

Thank you Dad for being my loving Father. You'll always be on my phone's Speed Dial.
Thank you James for asking me to be your wife that one summer night and for being a wonderful Father to our little spirit, Mahie.
"One of the best things a Father can do for his children, is to love their Mother"

No comments:

Post a Comment